Saturday, January 24, 2009

My life is so crazy right now.....so many things have changed and I am trying to get adjusted!!  I have had no time at all to be on the computer for anything FUN.  But I felt like taking a few minutes today and just blog about the last couple weeks.  I try to find things to be thankful for everywhere I look.  

1st the view from my bedroom window one afternoon.  The Icecream Man!!  My kids love it when this annoying music playing van pulls into the neighborhood.  The yell MOM MOM!!  The icecream man is here!!  I usually answer with "Great-do you have any money?"  and they knowing my sarcasm, know this means no, we aren't getting anything.  But this never seems to squish their hope, they continue with the same enthusiasm everytime.  Well, this day DAD was home!  Ava was so excited!  She yelled who hoo!! as she ran across the street.


Then the boys played for awhile outside....



2nd the view from my back porch.  We are working on getting grass in the back yard.  Brother Hedges had in inside scoop on free cow poop :)  They brought in a couple of loads and now comes the fun of spreading it and tilling it.

It was so cute to see Ava insisting that she help with the "stinking cow poop." She worked so hard and loved it!  We will work on the garden next.  Hopefully she'll insist on helping with the gardening too.


3rd  the view at Taylor's first High School Art show.  She had three of her pieces on display!  It was really great to hear Preston and Mackenzie brag about how Taylor's was the best.  It was also a fun opportunity to meet some of Taylor's friends and their parents and teachers.

4th  the view across the table at the dinner during the art show.  Mackenzie always the comedian.  She won't take a normal posed picture-it always has to be a funny pose.  Even though she is in her 1st year of Jr High-the other High School kids thought she went to school there!  Then there's Preston, never without a book to read, he doesn't care whats going on around him if he's into a good book.  The one he is ready in this pic is the new 3rd book in the series "Diary of a Wimpy Kid."  
5th  the view of the temple as you walk towards it.  I love being there! I was able to go twice in the last two weeks and am grateful for that.  I love the quiet that I find in the temple.  I love that there are no cell phones and chatter and no feelings of being rushed.  I know my Savior loves me and I feel this when I'm at the temple more than any other time.  

 
                                                   



6 LOVELY comments:

The fly-fisherman said...

I love this post. I love that we can feel a part of what is going on in Arizona. I love being able to see Taylor's art work- Way to go Taylor. It looks awesome. Is that drawn from hand, or designed on the computer? We need a close up :) And I can almost smell the cow poop... wait that might be from... never-mind. We miss you all. Thanks for the post.

Jessica Rodgers said...

thanks for always reminding me to be grateful for what I have I tend to forget

Grandma Jo said...

Never quit those thankful posts. They tell us so much about what's going on in the Carter Family and we love to know. Keep up the good work, keep smiling, and keep praying!

JilLmOejAYsAm said...

"THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMING!" I love that....many memories! Its so good to hear all about the Carter family! I'm so glad you did a page for Laura! You did such a great job!

The Hyde's said...

I didn't know Taylor was such a talented artist. I am glad to see Ava and Preston so excited to get an ice cream from the ice cream man. Kids make you realize you need to celebrate the simple things in life. I love reading your blog and getting a chance to see what the Carter's are doing! We love and miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

you guys are so fun! it's good to see that life is good for you guys! love ya!