Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Sunday Six!



(1) Cold weather. It's so nice to have a break from the sun. It's been gray and cold and in the morning Ava can see her breath. It's so true without the gray skies we wouldn't appreciate the clear ones. With out the cold air we wouldn't know how great the sun feels.

(2) Taylor and Mackenzie both had babysitting jobs this weekend and I realized how great it is for the girls to have this experience. We probably wouldn't have this oppurtunity somewhere else. We have alot of small kids and worn out parents in this Stake so the demand for babysitting is high:) Also they get to tend for really great families with super sweet kids-which makes it even better. It's so fun to see them being responsible and taking on their first jobs. Plus it's fun to hear their stories when they come home with of what they did with the kids they were tending. It's also fun to see these kids that they have tended get so excited to see the girls when we run into them somewhere or at church. They're going to be great mother's.


(3) Preston's dish week. Each week the kids rotate kitchen duties. It's their most favorite fun chore to do and look forward to their week. Ya RIGHT! They hate it and sometimes it's like pulling teeth. It was Preston's week this past week and he did such a great job. He didn't have to be constantly reminded and he did such a great job it looked as good as when I do it.

(4) Holiday Candy!! Orange Sticks from Sweets Co. out of SLC, Jolly Rancher Candy Canes, peppermint Hersey Kisses, chocolate covered nuts raisins, chocolate coin candy, See's chocolates etc....................................................

(5) My Sunday morning helpers. Sunday's mornings can be such a blur. We have to be there by 7:45 and it can be challenging. All the kids know their rolls on Sunday and they do all of it without complaining. From ironing to getting Ava's tights and shoes on to getting scriptures round up and all of my things I need to bring for Primary. Then when we get to church I have helpers saving seats and watching Ava and helpers putting up class signs and putting the rolls into the classrooms and helping to set up the things I need to for Primary. Then after church there is rounding up all the things that were set up. Getting Ava picked up & collecting all my Primary stuff. Thanks Taylor, Mackenzie, Preston & Ava.

(6) The Ensign. Every month I find an article or story that really touches me and I feel was just what I needed to hear. I love to hear of all the wonderful things that are happening with the saints all over the world. Yummy feast for the soul.

2 LOVELY comments:

Grandma Jo said...

What a fun list! You have some great things to be thankful for. Especially those dear children of yours. That's neat that Preston has done such a good job at dishes this week. and that the girls have been able to baby sit. I think they would be great helpers. They have always been so at home.

JilLmOejAYsAm said...

Wow! You're going to post every Sunday?!!! I can't wait to hear about next week! What a great way to show gratitude! Can you believe only 1 week until CHRISTMAS?? Hope you get what you wished for ;)