
"Giving, not getting, brings to full bloom the Christmas spirit. Enemies are forgiven, friends remembered, and God obeyed. The Spirit of Christmas illuminates the picture window of the soul, and we look out upon the world's busy life and become more interested in people than things. To catch the real meaning of the 'spirit of Christmas' , we need only drop the last syllable, and it becomes the 'Spirit of Christ.'"
-President Thomas S. Monson












6 LOVELY comments:
I love the pictures and the quote! I am totally going to use that quote for the Sunday program on the 21st.
What a great thought. I see all the advertisements in the newspaper and have decided that we are not thinking in the right direction for Christmas. You are a very special and blessed family!!!!
I love the quote you posted. It is always nice to have reminders about the true meaning of Christmas. I think it gets lost too easily among the wrappings and trimmings and twinkling lights. Have a Merry Christmas.
Lisa I love that qoute. Did you get it out of this months Ensign. I read President Monsons message and I loved what he said. It is so easy to get caught up in everything else in life. Thanks for the beautiful words!
I need to remember that as I am putting Christmas decorations up! Unlike you, I've never looked forward to that--maybe I need to be more grateful......
Hey Lisa! I found your blog on Corynn's. I also love that quote. I read that quote in my lesson a couple weeks ago in RS. You are too cute. It was fun to look at your blog. :0) If you get bored, ours is hedgesfam.blogspot.com.
Post a Comment