So today Taylor was the youth speaker in Sacrament Meeting. Very proud of her-she did a great job! I'm so glad that she always accepts responsibilties at church and does them well. Anyways her talk was on Humility. During her talk she shared a story about a young lady that listen to Pres. Hinkley's counsel about being humble. The story was written in 1st person. So as Taylor read it she started by saying "One young women found that being Humble helped her relationship with her brother." Then she told the YW's story. "As I (being the YW in the story-not Taylor) was sitting there listening to Pres Hinkley, I was sitting next to my brother who was preparing for a mission." So the story goes on and the girl uses humility to forgive and get along better with her brother.
So she finishes her talk and the Bishops counsler said, "I'm so glad you get along with you brother." It still makes me laugh as I'm typing it. Taylor said "thanks" and walked away.
Then as I am cruising the hallways going about my secretary jobs-a Sister stops me to say "Taylor did a great job! I can't believe you have a daughter that age, you look too young to have a 14yr old yet alone a son on a mission!"
My plea to a Sister.......
-
Hey Laura. I don't want to shove this down your throat or anything (he
he:) but surprise!! I made you a blog! I just really miss you and miss
seeing you...
17 years ago










4 LOVELY comments:
Good for you Taylor! Talking in church can be so intimidating. We are so proud of you and the young woman you have become. I bet that was funny when people thought you had a son on a mission.
Wow- I didn't realize you had a missionary either :) I guess that brother would be very easy for Taylor to get along with. Kinda like an imaginary friend. Good job Taylor for agreeing to give a talk. That is hard to do. The good news is you won't have to give another talk for a little while (unless your ward has a really small YM/YW program).
Ha Ha! That's funny!
Lisa, at church it took me a second to realize that Taylor had been telling the story too. I was like, Lisa didn't tell me she had a 19 yr old son?? :)
Post a Comment