Saturday, November 1, 2008

Farm Day in Copa!

Farm Day in Copa! What could be more fun. Actually it sounded pretty boring, but the girls went to help Awnya sell cotton candy and we had a great time. They had fun exhibits all throught out that showed the operations of the farm. It's owned by ASU and they do research there on the soil, the bugs that are in AZ-which all seem to be creepy-, plants, watering levels, cotton, owls the list went on :) Anyways heres some pics of the rocking day at the farm.


Taylor at the cotton candy booth.

Kenzie is quite the sales lady :) Taylor trying to be funny-pretending to sleep in this shot.

This is cotton. Hehe :) Ava wanted to taste this kind, this "white kind of cotton candy."

They got to pick the cotton from the bush, feel the hard seeds in it and then watch it go through the ginning process where it comes out soft and fluffy.

Then off to the Bug Petting presentation. GROSS!! This is a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach! So gross. We were informed that the hissing is part of their mating ritual. "Mom what's a mating ritual." This guy who said this laughed-thanks!

Close up- gag -----

Here is my beautiful little pink princess saying "I want a turn too." Ew-have I mentioned GROSS yet.

This was a millipede. He dropped it and screamed and I stepped on it 20 times and squished it everywhere!

Or at least I wanted to :) Again Ava wanted to be like a gross boy. (JK:)

This was so cool. She was able to see how the determine the DNA of plants and animals bugs etc. This was a strawberry and it was really interesting. Ava liked it cause it was pink. Good girl....



This lady was one of Mimi's cotton candy customers. Hope you can read her shirt. Something tells me she didn't appreciate me taken her picture. This totally cracked me up.

Hope everyone can come on out next year and join us at Farm Day here in fabulous Maricopa! Peace out and have a great week.

7 LOVELY comments:

JilLmOejAYsAm said...

Oh ya I wouldn't want to miss that!!! Farm day in Copa huh......seriously! I would come to see you but maybe not the hissing cockroach!!! Ava is getting so big, it makes me sad that they grow up so fast. Samantha is going to be as big as Ava before I know it! Then I will have to wait for Jessica to have a baby to hold!

Corynn said...

Eewww. Bugs! Yea for cotton candy though. I could eat that stuff forever!

Grandma Jo said...

Interesting! You get some of the most interesting things to do in your spare time. I guess those bugs they were holding were the real thing? Or dead? or what?
I just had the yard and house sprayed to prevent bugs. Ew!

Welcome back Carter's said...

Oh yeah they were real! They also had very real and very large black widows and real scorpions but for what ever reason they weren't allowed to pet them :) Scorpions glow in black light so they had a black light, dark room creepy display too.

The fly-fisherman said...

It looks like Preston and Ava had a blast... Taylor? Not so much. I can't believe how brave little kids are. You couldn't pay me enough money to pick one of those things up! Anyway looks like a good time. Maybe next year we will come... any excuse to come and visit you in Arizona.

Tobler's said...

Yum! Cotton candy sounds so... good!
That will be fun to have you up here for Thanksgiving. I haven't seen you since Jessi's wedding! Coop is quite the kid huh?

Diane said...

I'm sad we missed farm day, maybe we can go together next year. I can't believe Ava held a cockroach; she is such a brave girl. I don't think I would have done that. It was so much fun having Taylor over the other night, Morgan adores her.