Saturday, October 11, 2008

What's for dinner??


BBQ Steaks! Yummy, but not something we eat often. So Ava wasn't familiar with the pile of meat at the dinner table. "Mom-can I have some chicken" "It's not chicken Ava" "Oh, well, then can I have some of that black, chicken Mom?" "It's not black chicken Ava, it's steak." "Oh!--then can I please have some snake?"

8 LOVELY comments:

The fly-fisherman said...

I love Ava! She is so stinkin' cute. That is a cute story. Are you coming to St. George during any of the holidays?

Jessica Rodgers said...

From the mouth of babes! That is what is great about a blog, to make note of how cute our kids are. We love Ava.

Anonymous said...

aaaaaa haha!! that's so darn cute!! her hair is adorable!! tell everyone i miss them all especially their funny ness.. if that's even a word:) Hope to see ya for the holidays sometime:)

Sarah's Place said...

That's funny! It made me laugh! :)

Grandma Jo said...

I'm surprised she would want to eat snake. I wouldn't have said please pass it. I'd go without. Ava looks so cute. I wish I could hug her, well actually all of your kids.

JilLmOejAYsAm said...

That is so funny! I told my kids the story and they laughed and said they missed your family. Hopefully we will be able to see you on Thanksgiving! You inspired me to write the things Sam says so I don't forget!

The Hyde's said...

Ava is such a cutie!!! Whate a daring little girl that she would be willing to try snake meat. We miss you all and hope to see you soon!

Grandma Jo said...

It was fun to that Ava called me last night. I wish she was close so I could give her a hug or something.
Thanks for calling.
Did you go house to house with your voting stuff? I can't remember what it was.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN